8. You can eat hummus if you’re dieting.
Hummus is awesome weight loss food. It goes really well with diet food and makes even the most simple foods taste better. Spread hummus inside a celery stalk for a protein-packed snack you can eat anywhere. Skip the potato chips, and dip baby carrots into a bowl of hummus for a crunchy treat in front of the television at night.
Here are some more ways to enjoy hummus:
We don’t need to tell you that hummus is perfect as a dip for crudits. But there are lots of other ways to enjoy your hummus. Here are some to get your creative juices flowing:
- Core out grape tomatoes with a small melon baller and stuff with hummus.
- Substitute hummus for mayonnaise on your sandwiches.
- Spread hummus on flour tortillas and layer with sprouts and sliced veggies for homemade vegetarian wraps.
- Mix tuna, celery and hummus together in a bowl for a unique twist on tuna salad.
- Substitute hummus for cream cheese in your homemade jalapeo poppers.
If you haven’t tried hummus before, you owe it to yourself to try this Middle Eastern food that has made its way onto tables around the world.
Now it’s your turn. Tell us what you think about these hummus ideas. We know you’ll love how easy it is to make hummus and the simplicity of this delicious food. How do you enjoy hummus in your household? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Sharon Chen is the author of DelishPlan.com, where she helps busy professionals plan easy and delicious home-made meals in less time than they ever thought possible.Check out her nearly ultimate guide to hummus so that you know how to make hummus suit your own taste and health goals.
Source de l'article: http://elitedaily.com/wellness/hummus-wellness-routine/1472062/